Welcome to the new GDABVI website
We are happy to share with you the redesign of the GDABVI website! We have added features to make the site more accessible and useful to both visually impaired visitors and sighted guests. Among the improvements are:
Better accessibility options for visually impaired readers, such as:
- “Skip to Content” option that bypasses images.
- 14 point or larger font size, including a font resizing widget.
- Vertical navigation menu for easier link viewing on screen readers.
- Website translate option for foreign languages.
- Improved alternate-text descriptions for images.
- Clean layout and simple use of colors.
Streamlined menu navigation links, including:
- Photos that display our service work with adults and youth, and community events.
- Outreach activities for educational workshops and trainings.
- Calendar listing of GDABVI participating events and on-site meetings, plus multi-sensory community activities.
- Coming soon: Resources focusing on the seven Southeast Michigan counties that we serve
These are just a few of the many improvements we are making to share information about GDABVI vision rehabilitation services and vision loss support resources in Southeastern Michigan. We hope you find our updated website to have useful material that you can share with others experiencing a loss of vision. We welcome your feedback and ideas on additional improvements for the site through our GDABVI Contact page or on the GDABVI Facebook page.
Thanks for your support!
Victor A. Arbulu
Managing Director, GDABVI
P.S. The website redesign was done with Andy Wahl at Walrus Creative who offered outstanding professional consultation and creativity for this successful project.